We all play a role in reducing the spread of COVID-19 in our schools. Christel House Indianapolis is committed to working with the Indiana Department of Health to reduce your child’s exposure to COVID-19.
- Due to the delta variant, masks are required for all students and staff while indoors regardless of vaccination status.
- Masks are required for all visitors — parents/guardians, community partners, volunteers —regardless of vaccination status while indoors.
- Masks are required on busses at all times.
- Students are responsible for bringing their own masks to school each day.
- Students and staff may remove masks to eat or play wind instruments, and athletes may take off masks while in the field of play. Choir students should remain masked unless spaced more than 6 feet apart or outdoors. Masks are recommended for recess for unvaccinated students if they cannot remain socially distant.
- Students and staff who are vaccinated are not required to wear masks while outdoors.
We strongly encourage all students, staff, and family members who are eligible for the vaccine to get vaccinated. Students who wish to attend overnight field experiences are required to be vaccinated in order to attend.
Students and staff who have symptoms (cough, should stay home. If they or anyone in their household is awaiting COVID-19 test results, students should stay home.
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
- Shortness of Breath
- Muscle/Body Aches
- Loss of Taste or Smell
- Sore Throat
- Sinus Congestion
Seating charts will be maintained in all classrooms, cafeterias, and school buses so that contact tracing can be conducted. Contact tracing and quarantine requirements are required for those who have been in close contact with anyone who tests positive for COVID-19. Close contact is defined as being within 3 feet of a person who tested positive for COVID-19 for 15 minutes or more while masked and 6 feet when unmasked.
Vaccinated students and staff members who are asymptomatic are not required to quarantine.
Quarantine is required for 14 days after first exposure.
At this time, Christel House Academy South and West, Watanabe High School, and Manual High School are not offering elearning options except to those students who are in quarantine. Students who must quarantine due to COVID-19 will receive classwork from their individual teachers via Google Classroom. While in quarantine, students are expected to complete classwork daily on their school computers.